1ST LATIN AMERICAN SYMPOSIUM IN OCEAN ACIDIFICATION, LAOCA 2017
The 1st Latin American Symposium in Ocean Acidification will held at Cultural Centre for the Sciencies of CONICET in Buenos Aires, Argentina, from the 23 to 26 October 2017.
This 1st symposium will convoke researchers, students, government and industries representatives from Latin America, but open to the global community, interested in acquiring a regional and global updated knowledge about the impacts of ocean acidification on marine resources and ecosystems. This 1st symposium will be an opportunity for to share their research results and to explore new opportunities of collaborative research in the region.
Main themes included in the meeting are:
- Ocean acidification Observing systems.
- Modelling and regional projection of ocean acidification.
- Physiological and ecological effects of ocean acidification: from organisms to ecosystems.
- Human dimension of the ocean acidification.
- Ocean Acidification International Coordination Centre (OA-ICC / IAEA), Monaco.
- National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET), Ministry of Sciences, technology and productive innovation, Argentina.
- Centre for the study of Multiple Drivers on Marine Socio-Ecological Systems (MUSELS), Ministry of Economy, Chile.
- Millennium Institute of Oceanography (IMO), Ministry of Economy, Chile.